We often joke about having a ‘senior moment’, but the truth is many people worry about memory loss as they age. While diseases affecting the brain such as dementia are out of our control, there are many causes of memory loss that are entirely preventable:
- Poor nutrition: Deficiencies in key nutrients can affect your overall brain health. Eat a well balanced diet, and supplement it with appropriate multi-vitamins.
- Hormonal inbalances: If this is affecting you and you are concerned about memory loss, speak to your doctor or homeopath about regulating your hormones.
- Side effects from medicine: Again, if you are concerned about memory loss, speak to your doctor about this.
- Emotions: Overdoses of stress, anxiety, or depression affects the brain’s health. Keep a healthy, calm brain by working on your stresses.
- Infections or inflamations: If you have any persisting health problems, work with your doctor to get them as under control as possible.
- Lifestyle issues: High blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking, and diabetes are all linked to brain degeneration. It’s never too late to adopt a healthy lifestyle!
By doing everything you can now to ensure you age with good health, you can rest assured that you are doing everything you can for yourself and your family to enjoy a long and healthy life!