More and more seniors are getting online to keep in touch with loved ones, and take advantage of the multitude of services available from their browser. The rapid pace of advancement in technology in the past decades has been astounding, but a growing group of elderly citizens have chosen to keep up with the times, making up a real market segment for tablets and laptops alike.
Initially enticed by tablet games and e-readers, seniors are now adopting many of the services that allow them to stay in the comfort of their own homes. In addition, staying connected to friends and family has helped many seniors avoid isolation.
Here are the top ways seniors are benefiting from the internet:
- Social media network connecting friends, family, and meeting others nearby.
- Video chat with children and grandchildren.
- e-readers and online magazines.
- Online banking and other financial services from the comfort of home.
- Ordering online shopping, including food delivery.
- Information, from weather to medical symptoms.
One of the best advancements in technology for seniors has been tablet computers, which are created to be easy and intuitive to use, and are also light and portable. Many electronics stores now offer classes aimed at seniors to become familiar with their devices, making it a really great gift for your senior loved one.